mainly music IS ON tuesdays AT 10.00A.M. in school terms
There is currently a waiting list
Mainly Music co-ordinator - Heather Bickerdike
The mainly music program runs during the school term on Tuesday mornings at 10am. The music and movement session runs for half an hour and is followed by morning tea.
To enquire about the program please ring the Church on 9729 2099, (a message can be left on answering machine), or contact the enrolment officer, Denise on email@example.com
About mainly music
- Young children and their caregivers enjoying music, rhyme, rhythm, creative dance and more.
- Preschool children developing skills – co-ordination, fine motor skills, gross motor movements, social interaction, gaining an appreciation of music and musical styles, as well as language development.
- Providing children with a structured environment and then a time of free play.
- Bringing grown-up and child together for a time of safe interaction, and in doing so, teaching families some rhymes and songs that can be used at home to help with cleaning up, colours, counting, and more.
- An opportunity for parents to network with other parents of preschool children. And for families to find a sense of ‘old fashioned community’.
- Opportunities for families to be helped - practical needs such as meals, transport, help with shifting house, and babysitting.
- Celebration of Mother's Day and Father's Day - reminding parents that they are undertaking a very important role as parent.
There is an African continent proverb that says, ‘It takes a village to raise a child’. mainly music provides that village.
The aim of mainly music
The aim of mainly music is to provide an environment where preschool children develop skills to enhance their preschool education, through the use of music, rhythm, rhyme, and other music related activities with the participation of a parent or primary caregiver.
A quick overview
Started in 1990, mainly music is a fun music group for parents or primary care givers to enjoy together with their young child. Throughout the session, children develop gross and fine motor skills, language, imagination, mathematical and pre-reading skills as well as socialize with others. Each mainly music is associated with and is run by volunteers from a local church. Children are introduced to music, creativity and more, plus families given a chance to think about the God-part of life. Amazing to think that all this can be achieved in a loving, shared family environment.